Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Soapbox Moment #1: Miami Tops Auto Club List for Rude Drivers (Surprise - It's Not Boston!)

Check this out: Miami Tops Auto Club List for Rude Drivers

I'm surprised that Boston is merely number 5 on this list. Boston drivers (well, Massachusetts drivers in general) have got to be the most obnoxious and self-centered drivers around! I mean, would it kill a person to actually use their signal lights? If someone actually does signal to turn, it's usually just as they begin to turn (gee, thanks for letting people know!) And, Heaven forbid that you should have to pull out onto a street or anything. Good luck in getting someone to let you out! (Is that extra few seconds you might have to wait in order to let someone out gonna mess up your whole day?)

No, I did not get my initial driver's licence in MA - I got it in NY (state, not city), where they actually teach you about driving courteously and (get this!) what right-of-way means!

It's going to be loads of fun when my oldest learns to drive - I can't wait to find out what all the differences are between when I learned to drive and now (no cracks about 'horseless carriages', please!) :-)

I could rant mindless about any number of other kinds of driving 'weirdness' out here, but I think I'll save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment