Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Forgotten Holiday?

When the heck did we start going from Halloween straight to Christmas? It's only mid-November - still one week before Thanksgiving for cryin' out loud! Any chance of actually keeping each holiday separate and distinct?

I have already seen one more Christmas special, heard too many Christmas songs, and seen waaaay too many Christmas trees than what should really be necessary until at least the last weekend of November.

Before y'all start calling me a Grinch (who's wicked cool, btw), let me just say - I love Christmas, really I do. But is it really too much to ask that - before we start diving right into the 'gimme gimme' mindset that is so disgustingly prevalent these days, and especially this time of year - we not lose sight of the holiday in which we ought to be grateful for what we already have?

No comments:

Post a Comment