Sunday, November 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged! As part of an ongoing net-game known as blog-tag. The lucky "tagee" gets to post some fascinating stuff about himself/herself, and then pass it along.

I was fortunate enough to be tagged by TracyTea of A Map of My Life, So Far.


Here are the rules:

1. Write your meme, then link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. So people can know whether to thank you , or curse you.

2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. You know the weird random stuff, that you think could make for a interesting blog post, but you were shy to tell about.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Do this step wisely. You know who is game to play and who isn't.


7 Random/Weird things about me:

1. I love puns, as well as other amusing (and/or annoying) abuses of the English language stemming from poor grammar, phrasing, or punctuation. As such, one of my favorite books is
"Eats Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss.

2. I have been crocheting off and on since I was about 9 or 10 - mostly self-taught, but got assistance from Mom whenever it was needed.

3. I used to know every lyric to every Weird Al Yankovic song (but that was a number of years ago).

4. I love musical theatre! There, I said it, and I'm glad I said it!

5. I actually don't mind putting on a few pounds over the holidays. Truth be told, I prefer to put on some extra winter weight.

6. I am often rabidly conservative in my political views, which will sometimes collide with occasional bouts of idealism.

7. I don't believe in political correctness. It's all a bunch of evil Orwellian hogwash created by those people whose mommies didn't teach them how to put on a thicker skin (people will, due to human nature, unintentionally - and sadly sometimes intentionally - say things that might offend -- GET OVER IT and get your panties untwisted!)


And now, my "Tag-ees":

1. Carol of Carol's Little World

2. Rainy Pete of Rainy Pete's Unbalanced World

3. Patti C (that's Mrs. CraftyGuy to you!) and her Yahoo!360 blog page

4. Chrystie69 of Illegitimus Non Carborundum

I regret I only had 4 bloggers that I felt comfortable enough to tag (boo!), but I reserve the right to spring this on three other unsuspecting "victims" at some future point. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I still know the words to most of Weird Al's stuff. Sad really. For the record, puns are awesome and political correctness is overrated.

    I'll have to get off my backside and fill this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your 7 random, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete