I've been tagged! As part of an ongoing net-game known as blog-tag. The lucky "tagee" gets to post some fascinating stuff about himself/herself, and then pass it along.
I was fortunate enough to be tagged by TracyTea of A Map of My Life, So Far.
Here are the rules:
1. Write your meme, then link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. So people can know whether to thank you , or curse you.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. You know the weird random stuff, that you think could make for a interesting blog post, but you were shy to tell about.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Do this step wisely. You know who is game to play and who isn't.
7 Random/Weird things about me:
1. I love puns, as well as other amusing (and/or annoying) abuses of the English language stemming from poor grammar, phrasing, or punctuation. As such, one of my favorite books is
"Eats Shoots and Leaves" by Lynne Truss.
2. I have been crocheting off and on since I was about 9 or 10 - mostly self-taught, but got assistance from Mom whenever it was needed.
3. I used to know every lyric to every Weird Al Yankovic song (but that was a number of years ago).
4. I love musical theatre! There, I said it, and I'm glad I said it!
5. I actually don't mind putting on a few pounds over the holidays. Truth be told, I prefer to put on some extra winter weight.
6. I am often rabidly conservative in my political views, which will sometimes collide with occasional bouts of idealism.
7. I don't believe in political correctness. It's all a bunch of evil Orwellian hogwash created by those people whose mommies didn't teach them how to put on a thicker skin (people will, due to human nature, unintentionally - and sadly sometimes intentionally - say things that might offend -- GET OVER IT and get your panties untwisted!)
And now, my "Tag-ees":
1. Carol of Carol's Little World
2. Rainy Pete of Rainy Pete's Unbalanced World
3. Patti C (that's Mrs. CraftyGuy to you!) and her Yahoo!360 blog page
4. Chrystie69 of Illegitimus Non Carborundum
I regret I only had 4 bloggers that I felt comfortable enough to tag (boo!), but I reserve the right to spring this on three other unsuspecting "victims" at some future point. :-)