Monday, November 19, 2007

Sleep Shopping

I was at Hannaford (supermarket chain if you're not familiar with the name) this evening, I saw this 30-something woman shopping in her pajama bottoms. What the heck is up with that? Was she shopping in her sleep or something?

Yeah - I know one of the current fads among the teens now is to be traipsing about in pajama bottoms. But why? And why particularly is a 30-something woman doing this? Far be it from me to condone actually giving a crap about what other people think (anyone who's been reading my blog for any length of time knows that I don't give a rat's ass about what other people think - actually my preference is to try to raise an eyebrow or three), but that looks downright lazy.

Then again, there is probably a certain amount of comfort and convenience in that manner of dress as well, I suppose. I wonder if I could get away with shopping in my sleep attire...

On second thought, the image of a hairy, teddy-bear-shaped guy in his boxers, scoping out the fresh produce likely wouldn't do much for business, would it?

I didn't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment